Lineman – Class A
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sets and removes poles in accordance with company safety policy and procedures.
- Places and removes strand and cables in aerial, buried, and underground facilities.
- Utilizes necessary equipment including augers, aerial lift trucks, cable and pole dollies, chain saws, cable pullers and Hogg Davis winches to complete assigned jobs.
- Performs routine maintenance, installs, changes, transfers cable and fiber, moves and removes poles, pole line hardware, guys, anchors.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, email, or in person.
- Utilizes safe climbing practices to work off poles or from a bucket truck.
- Works with utility inspectors and company representatives to coordinate the completion of work.
- Completes all forms, reports and documents required in a timely fashion.
- Knowledgeable of GO95 utility practices, as well as Bell System, and Verizon safe practices and procedures.
- Comfortable working in confined spaces and ascending/descending utility poles.
- Knowledge of gas testing and ventilation procedures for confined spaces.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor under all types of conditions.
- Experience with bucket trucks, diggers, and any other equipment involved in utility line work.
- The ability to communicate in person, via telephone, and in writing.
- Must be committed to working safely.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Work Environment This job operates outside in a field construction environment. Work is performed outside of buildings and may include running cable underground. The job requires entering manholes or climbing poles to place and/or remove cables. Appropriate personal protective equipment is required. Physical Demands This job has specific physical requirements detailed on the attached Physical Demands Checklist. Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position with the opportunity for overtime. Due to the nature of our business, there will be occasions that require working after normal business hours including nights and weekends. Required Qualifications Valid CA Commercial Driver License (Class A) Valid Class A Medical Certification Desired Minimum Qualifications Graduation from High School or GED Equivalent 1 year experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job. Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.