Foreman / Heavy Equipment Operator
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reads blueprints and job specifications in order to lay out the job and assign tasks.
- Determines which tasks are assigned to each employee to ensure efficient completion of the project.
- Oversees and instructs the setup of traffic control according to local and state requirements.
- Ensures that all trenches are safe and shored if necessary.
- Inspects safety equipment, tools, machinery and vehicles to make certain they are in good condition and function properly.
- Orders materials for each job.
- Provides regular updates to the area manager regarding the progress of the job and the estimated time left to complete the work.
- Creates the asbuilts and completes daily timesheets detailing the work completed, employees on the job, and equipment used.
- Conducts regular tailgate safety meetings.
- Enforces all company safety policies and procedures.
- Safely and effectively drives and manipulates the bucket of a backhoe to trench, load dump trucks with spoil, and move steel plates.
- Properly follows company and OSHA safety procedures and brings problems to the attention of the Safety Manager.
- Follows daily procedures and protocols set forth in the description of the project.
- Performs routing inspections on equipment and reports findings to the supervisor.
- Plans and prioritizes work activities and uses time efficiently to complete projects.
- Ability to work as a team, provide direction to co-workers, and resolve conflict.
- Must have good judgment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Considerable knowledge of heavy equipment operating principles and the ability to drive and operate
equipment under varying working conditions.
- Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations.
- The ability to communicate in person, via telephone, and in writing.
- Must be committed to working safely.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Work Environment This job operates outside in a field construction environment and is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level may range from moderate to loud. Work is performed outside of buildings and may include running cable underground. Appropriate personal protective equipment is required. Physical Demands This job has specific physical requirements detailed on the attached Physical Demands Checklist. Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position with the opportunity for overtime. Due to the nature of our business, there will be occasions that require working after normal business hours including nights and weekends. Desired Minimum Qualifications Graduation from High School or GED Equivalent Valid CA Driver License 1 year experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job. Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.