Fiber Cable Splicer
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicates and coordinates with local telephone company and other suppliers for installation and repair of fiber optic facilities and systems.
- Assembles, installs and tests fiber optics transmission systems at a given job site location.
- Transports materials to the job site and evaluates the area to determine the best possible method to install the fiber optic cable.
- Troubleshoots and checks certain problems and errors then conducts the necessary repair and maintenance in order for the cables to function normally again.
- Replaces cables and wires when deemed necessary.
- Ability to place Fiber Cables, Fiber drops and Copper drops and attachments
- Makes and repairs pole attachments, down guys and anchors
- Establishes and maintains circuit layout and documentation.
- Sets up traffic control when necessary according to local and state requirements.
- Telecommunication fundamentals, color code, prep, routing, basic enclosure knowledge and copper/fiber termination.
- The ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- The ability to communicate in person, via telephone, and in writing.
- Working knowledge of proper tools for working with fiber optic cabling and fiber connections.
- Strong knowledge of how to set up and use fiber optic test equipment.
- The ability to use locating equipment.
- Must be available (from time to time) outside of normal business hours including weekends to provide
installation, testing or repair services to SECC customers.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Work Environment This job operates outside in a field construction environment. Work is performed outside of buildings and may include running cable underground. The job may require entering manholes or climbing poles to install cables. Appropriate personal protective equipment is required. Physical Demands This job has specific physical requirements detailed on the attached Physical Demands Checklist. Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position with the opportunity for overtime. Due to the nature of our business, there will be occasions that require working after normal business hours including nights and weekends. Desired Minimum Qualifications Graduation from High School or GED Equivalent Valid CA Driver License 1 year experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job. Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.